- Tavit O. Najarian, Sc.D., Monmouth University Urban Coast Institute (UCI) Award for 10 years of outstanding service
- K. Hovnanian Co. Award for Outstanding Achievement in Brownfield Redevelopment
- American Planning Association Annual Elwood “Woody” Jarmer Award for Outstanding Environmental Planning
- Tavit O. Najarian, Sc.D., Ellis Island Medal of Honor Recipient
- Tavit O. Najarian, Sc.D., NJ Immigrant Entrepreneur 4th Annual Awards Ceremony – Nicolas Marcalus Award for Sustainability
- New Jersey Association of Counties Annual Business Associate Award
Najarian Associates encourages staff members to publish innovative techniques in peer-reviewed journals. This activity provides a high level of accreditation for the firm’s work. The following is a list of such publications, all of which are available upon request.
Representative Najarian Associates’ Peer-Reviewed Publications
- J.L. DiLorenzo, P-S Huang, G.M. Bolin, and T.O. Najarian, 2012. “Conceptual Model for Back-Bay Inundations,” ASCE, Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering Division, 12rd International Estuarine and Coastal Modeling Conference, Nov. 2011.
- H.S. Litwack, J.L. DiLorenzo, P-S. Huang, and T.O. Najarian, 2006. “Development of a Simple Phosphorus Model for a Large Urban Watershed: A Case Study. ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering, 132, No. 4: 538-545.
- J.L. DiLorenzo, R.J. Filadelfo, C.R. Surak, H.S. Litwack, V.K. Gunawardana, and T.O. Najarian, 2004. “Tidal Variability in the Water Quality of an Urbanized Estuary.” Estuaries, Vol. 27, No. 5: 851-860.
- D.T. Burton, J.L. DiLorenzo, T.R. Shedd, and J.G. Wrobel, 2002. “Aquatic Hazard Assessment of a Contaminated Surficial Aquifer Discharge into the Bush River, Maryland,” Water, Air and Soil Pollution,” 139: 159-182.
- J.L. DiLorenzo, E. Hasbrouck, and T.O. Najarian, 1995. “Water Quality Screening Methodology for a Coastal Boat Basin.” In: Marina III, Planning, Design and Operation, W. Blain (ed.), Comp. Mechanics Publications, Southampton, Boston.
- J.L. DiLorenzo, P-S Huang, M.L. Thatcher, and T.O. Najarian, 1994. “Dredging Impacts on Delaware Estuary Tides,” ASCE, Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, 3rd International Estuarine and Coastal Modeling Conference, Sept. 8-10, 1993, Oak Brook, IL.
- J.L. DiLorenzo, R.V. Ram, P-S. Huang, and T.O. Najarian, 1994. “Pollution Susceptibility of Well-Mixed Tidal Basins,” ASCE, Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Division, 120 (4): 404-422.
- P-S. Huang, J.L. DiLorenzo, and T.O. Najarian, 1994. “A Two-Dimensional Hydrothermal Reservoir Model,” ASCE, Journal of the Hydraulics Division, 120 (7): 846-862.
- J.L. DiLorenzo, P-S. Huang, and T.O. Najarian, 1989. “Water Quality Models for Small Tidal Inlet Systems,” ASCE, Journal of Environmental Engineering,, 115 (1): 192-209.
- T.O. Najarian and D.R.F. Harleman, 1989. “Role of Models in Estuarine Flow and Water Quality Analysis,” Estuarine Circulation, B.J. Neilson, A. Kuo, and J. Brubaker (eds.), Humana Press.
- J.L. DiLorenzo, 1988. “The Overtide and Filtering Response of Small Inlet/Bay Systems,” In: Lecture Notes on Coastal and Estuarine Studies, Vol. 29, Hydrodynamics and Sediment Dynamics of Tidal Inlets, D. Aubrey and L. Weisher (eds.), Springer-Verlag.
- K. Wong and J.L. DiLorenzo, 1988. “The Response of Delaware’s Inland Bays to Ocean Forcing,” Journal of Geophysical Research, 93(10): 12,525-12,535.
- T.O. Najarian, P-S Huang, and D-P Wang, 1986. “Analysis of Residual Currents Using a Two-Dimensional Model,” Physics of Shallow Estuaries and Bays, J. Van de Kreeke (ed.), Springer-Verlag.
- T.O. Najarian, T.T. Griffin, and V.K. Gunawardana, 1986. “Development Impacts on Water Quality: A Case Study,” ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 112, No. 1.
- T.O. Najarian, D-P Wang, and P-S Huang, 1984. “A Lagrangian Transport Model for Estuaries,” ASCE Journal of the Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Division, 110, No. 3.
- T.O. Najarian, P.J. Kaneta, J.L. Taft, and M.L. Thatcher, 1984. “Application of Nitrogen-Cycle Model to Manasquan Estuary,” ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering, 110, No. 1: 190-207.
- T.T. Griffin and R.A. Ferrara, 1984. “A Multicomponent Model of Phosphorus Dynamics in Reservoirs,” Water Resources Bulletin, 20, No. 5: 777-788.
- T.O. Najarian and M.L. Thatcher, 1983. “Transient Hydrodynamic and Salinity Simulations in the Chesapeake Bay Network,” Estuaries, 6, No. 4: 356-363.
- T.O. Najarian and J.L. Taft, 1981. “Nitrogen-Cycle Model for Aquatic Systems: Analysis,” ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering, 107, No. EE6.
- T.O. Najarian, M.L. Thatcher, and D.R.F. Harleman, 1980. “C & D Canal Effect on Salinity of Delaware Estuary,” ASCE Journal of the Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Division, 106, No. WW1.